Rigatoni alla puttanesca
Back in the 1960’s, some hungry customers turned up very late at a restaurant in Ischia .
The owner informed them that the restaurant was about to close and there was precious little left to cook.
The enterprising chef took what basic and simple ingredients he could find and created the ’Puttanesca’ sauce.
It's made from tomatoes, salted anchovies, olives, spicy peppers and fragrant garlic and the combination with Rigatoni epitomises the rustic nature of Ischia.
*picture is indicative only
Shopping list from our ‘BOTTEGA’ (serves 4)
- 500gr Fresh Rigatoni Pasta
- 1 jar (180 gr) Sugo alla Puttanesca
- Condimento al Peperoncino
- Put a large pan of water to boil
- Put the Puttanesca Sauce into a small pan and heat through gently
- Boil the pasta until it’s ‘al dente’ ( approx. 7-8 mins)
- When cooked, drain well, and return to the pan
- Add in the heated sauce, and mix well
- Transfer the Rigatoni alla Puttanesca to a large serving dish
- Add few drops of Extra virgin olive oil with Chilly