Our Arrabbiata sauce gains its spicy flavour from the chillies which are combined with the sweet flavour of tomato, and the pungency of garlic.
The word ‘arrabbiata’ means vexed, irritated...let’s say, “hot under the collar”!
We have selected Fusilli Pasta, which when cooked ‘al dente’, is the perfect partner for this ‘salsa Romana’.
This twisted pasta both contains and clings to the sauce.
Fusilli all’Arrabbiata’ evokes the summer sun, heat and typically seasonal ingredients which ...
Makes it a wonderful invigorating dish for ‘Mezzogiorno’ (midday)
*picture is indicative only
Shopping list from our ‘BOTTEGA’ (serves 4)
- 500 gr Fresh Fusilli Avellinesi Pasta
- 1 jar (180 gr) Sugo all’ Arrabbiata
- Put a large pan of water to boil
- Put the Arrabbiata Sauce into a small pan and heat through gently
- Boil the pasta until it’s ‘al dente’ ( approx. 7-8 mins)
- When cooked, drain well, and return to the pan
- Add in the heated sauce, and mix well
- Transfer the pasta all’Arrabbiata to a large serving dish
- Sprinkle with grated grana, supplying more to add according to taste