This dish is a combination of our fresh ‘Rigatoni’ Pasta and our ‘Amatriciana’ sauce.
The holes and ridges on the Rigatoni make it the perfect partner for our thick ‘Amatriciana’ sauce so called after the small town near Rome, called Amatrice, where it was first produced in the late 18th century.
It is beautifully made from tomatoes, pancetta, Pecorino Romano cheese and olive oil.
As they say, “When in Rome, do as the Romans do."
*picture is indicative only
Shopping list from our ‘BOTTEGA’ (serves 4)
- 500gr Fresh Rigatoni Pasta
- 1 jar (180 gr) Sugo all’ Ammatriciana
- Pecorino cheese
- Put a large pan of water to boil
- Put the Amatriciana Sauce into a small pan and heat through gently
- Boil the pasta until it’s ‘al dente’ ( approx. 7-8 mins)
- When cooked, drain well, and return to the pan
- Add in the heated sauce, and mix well
- Transfer the Pasta all’Amatriciana to a large serving dish
- Sprinkle with grated pecorino, supplying more to add according to taste